Who is the boss on the internet?
After the attack on the Capitol, Apple pulled Parler from the IOS app store. Google followed suit and pulled them from the Android app store.
But it was Amazon, which really hammered the final nail in Parler coffin. By suspending their Amazon Web Services (AWS) account, Parler really shut down for good.
As of October 2020, Canalys reports that the worldwide cloud market grew 33% this quarter to $36.5 billion. AWS has 32% of the market and generated more revenue than the next three largest combined, Azure is at 19% of the market, Google Cloud at 7%, Alibaba Cloud close behind at 6%, and other clouds with 37%.
Amazon, not Apple or Google is really the king kong of the internet.
What do you think?
Here are the top mobile news this week >
- Government - Smartphone Data Without Warrants
- Gaming - Types of mobile game currencies
- Parler - lawsuit fails
- ByteDance - Douyin e-wallet launch
- ByteDance - Suspends smartphone business
- Twitter - Bluesky the decentralized social network
- Telegram - 500 MAU