I can’t believe it’s March already!
Big congrats to Sam and Team Otter.ai
for raising Series B led by Spectrum Equity. I am honored to be an investor and part of their journey since 2016.
Formerly known as AISense, Otter.ai is the most trusted AI transcription service for business with customers such as Bridgewater, IBM, and Cambridge University. The audio transcription market is estimated to be valued at $31.82 billion by 2025. Otter’s revenue increased by 800% in the past 12 months. Otter has transcribed over 3 billion minutes for 100 million meetings across 230 countries to date.
Otter’s metrics are certainly impressive as a Series B company. As an investor focusing on early-stage companies, I also like to evaluate and focus on other SaaS metrics including:
- Daily active users (DAU)
- Weekly active users (WAU)
- Monthly active users (MAU)
- Usage (time) per session
- Free to pay user conversion
- Deal size
- Renewal rate
- Monthly recurring revenue
- Annual recurring revenue
- Average revenue per user (ARPU)
- Customer life time value (LTV)
What other SaaS metrics do you keep track of?
I am hosting Harry Man, Partner at Matrix Partners at 5 pm PST on Monday (March 9 at 9 am HKT) at FoundersHK
to talk about fundraising, investment, SPAC and what’s happening in China. Harry invested in many unicorns including Didi, Momo (Nasdaq: MOMO), 21Vianet (Nasdaq:VNET) and many Chinese unicorns.
Here are the top mobile news this week >
- Google - No browsing habits tracking
- Apple - Arizona enables 3rd party app payment
- Apple - EU to press charges
- Study - Apps data leak from the Cloud
- Statistics - Business productivity apps see 7.1B downloads