This week, all the big tech earnings reports showed one thing pretty clearly - COVID-19 is accelerating the growth the largest tech companies.
- Apple - $64.7 billion. The company reported its best September quarter ever!
- Google - $46.2 billion
- Amazon - $96.1 billion!
- Facebook - $21.47 billion
Amazon is clearly the biggest winner of this pandemic. On a separate note, my partners at Race Capital and I had a great discussion this past week on the topic of startup advisory shares.
If you are about to bring on your first advisor for your company, how much equity should you give? Whenever you are trading equity for anything, you should always think about giving up X% equity, and would this person bring (100 - X)% outcome for the company?
Carta did an interesting study on companies that have raised under $2 million in 2019. The most common arrangements are:
- Advisor Restricted stock agreements (RSAs): From 0.2% to 1% of a company.
- Advisor non-qualified stock options (NSOs): From 0.1% to 0.5% of a company
Read more > https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/startup-advisory-shares-101-edith-yeung/?trackingId=zn7NIE75TsenfYledLhfsQ%3D%3D
Here are the top mobile news this week >
- Trends - Pandemic App Ecosystem
- Apple - Eroding Partnership With Foxconn
- Apple - Search rivals Google?
- Microsoft - Teams rivals Zoom and Google Meet
- Airbnb - Behind Booking.com
- Google - Android VPN launch